About Me

Welcome to my blog! Sometimes, I write in Spanish, others in English, but basically this is my daily diary of sorts. Los invito a mi blog, que es como un diário de mis eventos y escritos que a veces son en español, y a veces en inglés...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A poem by Arthur Rimbaud

Painting by Corot


from Morning

Me, I can no more explain myself beggar with his continual Paters
and Ave Marias. I don't know how to speak anymore!
Still, today, I think I've finished the story of my hell. It was the real hell;
the ancient place, whose gates were opened by the Son of man.

When will we go, over the shores and mountains, to salute the birth of the
new work, the new wisdom, the flight of tyrants and demons, the end of
superstition, to adore- the first ones!- Christmas on earth!


Arthur Rimbaud
(Taken from the book, Morning of Ecstasy)




No comments: