About Me

Welcome to my blog! Sometimes, I write in Spanish, others in English, but basically this is my daily diary of sorts. Los invito a mi blog, que es como un diário de mis eventos y escritos que a veces son en español, y a veces en inglés...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday! ... and upcoming events...


It's Monday! and with it another day, a brand new week! I am super tired, I must admit. It has been a pretty busy weekend here at Zu, but also one with plenty rewards. Friday night marked my first Literary Nights in English Series, with writer Anjanette Delgado. It is always good to hear the feedback on any event, and I must honestly say, the feedback was very good. Just this morning, someone that came to the event, told me it had been years since she stayed up all night reading a book. She said Anjanette's The Heartbreak Pill grabbed her and did not let her go until she had finish it. I am pleased to hear that!

Sunday was Spring's first official day, as well as el Dia Internacional de la Poesia (International Poetry Day), and I am proud to say that tons of people made it a point to come to our celebration. We were lucky to have incredible poets reading their work, some have participated in my Noches de Poesia (Poetry Nights Series in Spanish), others read for the first time here. And to blend poetry and music, we had the sounds of Ligia Cabrera and Flavia Ferreira. The day helped by being sunny and beautiful, but the main character here was POETRY!

I am keeping a low profile this week. I need the rest, therefore I will not be open this coming Viernes Culturales. However, April is bringing all sorts of new things to Zu, and to those of you who support our events, and who venture out to Little Havana, and discover this emerging spot.

For starters, on April 4 we begin our Curso-Taller "El oficio del poeta", a 6 week poetry workshop in Spanish given by Dr. Elena Tamargo. On April 6th, our Literary Nights in English Series bring us cuban writer and resident of Seattle, Washington Jorge Enrique Gonzalez-Pacheco and his bilingual book of poems, Under the Light of my Blood. April 11th brings us our monthly Noches de Poesia with cuban writer Aymara Aymerich. Cuban artist Mayra Abo brings us her new exhibit on April 17th, an ode to Virgins, not just those in the altars at churches, but all virgins. There's even talks of a monologue to be taken place this month... but keep you posted because its still in the works...

So as you can see I have a full April coming up....

Again, thanks for your support, and make it a point to stop by soon, if you haven't...

Happy Monday!

No comments: