About Me

Welcome to my blog! Sometimes, I write in Spanish, others in English, but basically this is my daily diary of sorts. Los invito a mi blog, que es como un diário de mis eventos y escritos que a veces son en español, y a veces en inglés...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Warnings


Warnings

As I lay there, right in the middle of the street
Cars passing by
Missing running over me by just a few inches
Eyes closed
Remembering now defunct confidences
Mutual secrets
Endless games you played
All those maneuvers
Tricks of selling
Lie upon lie about anything and everything
Damming God every other sentence.
There was not a single person who was any good:
The aging writer with the golden shoes
A once beautiful salesgirl now old and bitter
An impotent Spaniard with delicate toes
The overweight cousin who wanted to keep you
A reclusive…addicted…sentenced … artist
The list goes on and on…
I remember every single one of your stories
Word by word remains intact
As if it was just last night you told me
But if you have forgotten…
I can recall the burned bridges
The towers that have collapsed
And all the bric-à-brac
That has fell on your lap
And occasionally on your Furla…
As I lay there, right in the middle of the street
Waiting for your next strike
Fighting off evil spells
And all sorts of witchcraft.
I remind you:
                                                   Your secrets can see the light if need be.

Manuel A. López
 
 
 





 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermano mío, gracias por tu texto. Debías escribir mas en English me parece que ahí está tu voz real. Esto versos estan muy buenos “As I lay there, right in the middle of the street….Cars passing by… Missing running over me by just a few inches” .
Ad Guerra

Anonymous said...

Gracias por el poema. Lo piensas en inglés ya así sale con fuerza. Alberto Lauro

Anonymous said...

Hi..! Thanks for this poem..!
What means a bric a brac..? Sorry if I dont know that one.
te agradezco..! Creo que esos instantes de inicio del poema, como asi fueron en tu experiencia seran recordador por ti siempre... y te dire algo que escuche en la radio hoy:
"nadie pide venir a este mundo...
nadie sabe vivir esta vida...
nadie quiere morir esa muerte..."
No se, me parece tan interesante como tu poema.

Wilfredo said...

Es cierto el comentario que te hicieron que piensas en ingles. Escribe en ese idioma. Estoy seguro que las ideas, las imagenes te van a salir mas espontaneas aun. Muy buen poema, muy intimo, pero muy expresivo a la vez. Congratulations!!!

Ruben said...

Really good Many. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Manny me encanto. Pueda que tu fuerte literario sea expresarte en inglés, pero tu espíritu aventurero definitvamente es en español, en cubano.
Rossana R

Anonymous said...

En la pintura el arte se visualiza, en la musica el arte se escucha, en la poesia el arte se
imagina. En todos ellos se siente intensamente. En tu poesia los faroles de los carros te rasuran tu piel. No importa sea espanol o ingles, lo que vale es el contenido y lo tuyo es de primera.
Felicidades, Angel Larrua

Anonymous said...

Wao Manny, eres excelente!
N. Dreke/