About Me

Welcome to my blog! Sometimes, I write in Spanish, others in English, but basically this is my daily diary of sorts. Los invito a mi blog, que es como un diário de mis eventos y escritos que a veces son en español, y a veces en inglés...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Manny Interviews Victor Rodríguez



por Manny López
(para el blog Gaspar, El Lugareño)


One of the events I enjoyed most last year while Zu Galeria was open was the exhibit to benefit Hispanic Aids Awareness Program. The photographs of local and international celebrities by artist Victor Rodríguez were incredible. Victor first came to my gallery to show me his series of ballet photographs, which were incredibly beautiful, with a light and softness I can still recall. What caught my attention about Victor’s work is his focus on improving his subject, making them shine much more than usual. For the exhibit to benefit Aids patients, he took photographs and printed them on canvas, burned the edges a bit, with a silvery patina, and two huge nails stood out as guardians to show the grief of those inflicted with the still growing disease. His creativity is immense, and you are left with a feeling of wanting to work with him again, and again.

Victor is constantly being seen on the TV screen photographing celebrities in various networks. He is always working on something; a new project; a new idea…

There’s so many talented people living in this city who are constantly making it better thru their work, their deeds, their presence, that I refuse to concentrate on the negative energy some people still insist on generating. I have chosen the path to give something back, and my mission is to show people who are making something of themselves and their surroundings; and Victor Rodriguez is definitely one of those people…


What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Losing my family.

What is your idea of happiness?

I have two passions in my life; my FAMILY and my Photography. when I am with my family it gives me joy in my life. I LOOOOVE my wife and kids!!!!

Who are your favorite characters in history?

Jerry Lewis, Ricky & Lucy from the I love Lucy Show & Tom & Jerry cartoons.

The quality you most admire in a man?
Honesty

The quality you most admire in a woman?

Their beauty, their smile & their persistence or determination in life.

Your most marked characteristic?

Creativity

What do you most value in your friends?

Supporting me in good or bad times!

How would you like to die?

Sleeping

What is your present state of mind?

Happy and Focused

What is your motto?

To be the best!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victor’s artistic vision creating images has given him the ability to provide unique photographs to his clients. His path as a visual artist has meandered from coveringTheater plays, Broadway Musicals, HIV / AIDS Prevention Campaigns, Political Campaigns, Professional Dance Companies & Service Announcements.

He has photographed Latin Celebrities such as Gloria Estefan, Paulina Rubio, Candela Ferro, Carmen Dominicci, Cristina Saralegui, Alexis Valdes, Chao, Louis Aguirre, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Liliana Rodriguez, Lilibeth Morillo, Walter Mercado, Emilio Estefan, Gabriela Spanic, Luis Enrique, Natalia Streignard, Padre Alberto, Francisco Gatorno, Ivelin Giro, to name a few. His work has also appeared in Book Covers, Magazines, Newspapers, Billboards, Bus Shelters, Posters, T.V. Ads, CD Covers and Annual Reports.

No comments: