About Me

Welcome to my blog! Sometimes, I write in Spanish, others in English, but basically this is my daily diary of sorts. Los invito a mi blog, que es como un diário de mis eventos y escritos que a veces son en español, y a veces en inglés...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's time to move on...


Dear Friends,


It has been 4 years since I began on this journey called Zu Galeria. It has been a long, bumpy road, but the triumphs and blessings have overshadowed the little things that tried to disturb my peace. The happiness that I found doing what I have been doing is incredible. I have said it before; I am blessed ...and thankful to God for allowing me to do what I wanted to do during these years. But it is time to move on, and this is the perfect time for me to do so. With certain sadness I have to let everyone know that Zu Galeria Fine Arts will be closing its doors, as of September 30. I am grateful and thankful to all the people who have supported us thru these years. I am extremely thankful to the press who since the very beginning made it a point to include me in their agendas. I am most thankful to the artists whom are impossible to list all here, because we have had for 4 years a monthly exhibit and plenty of artists have left their imprint in these walls and in me. I want to thank all the poets and writers who made Zu Galeria known for a place of poetry, and for opening doors for me in a world I only dreamed of. These four years have allowed me to grow both professionally and spiritually, and for that I am thankful as well.


I am taking some weeks off, get my things in order, find a new place to live, take care of my health, dedicate some quality time to myself, and who knows, maybe collide with love along the way. I will be available for any interesting projects that might come up, but in the meantime I can be found at the same phone number I've always had, and the email you all know.


Thank you one more time for these past four years together. Thank you for all you have done for me, I am in debt eternally.




Queridos Amigos,


Han sido 4 años desde que empecé en este viaje llamado Zu Galería. Ha sido un camino largo, a veces con baches, pero los triunfos y las bendiciones han ensombrecido las pequeñas cosasque trataron de molestar mi paz. La felicidad que encontré haciendo lo que he estado haciendo es increíble. Lo he dicho antes, me siento bendecido y agradecido a Dios por permitirme hacer lo que yo quería hacer durante todos estos años. Pero es hora de tomar nuevos caminos, y este es el momento perfecto para hacerlo. Con cierta tristeza tengo que decirles que Zu Galería Fine Arts cierra sus puertas a partir del 30 de septiembre. Estoy muy agradecido a todas las personas que nos han apoyado a través de estos años, empezando por la prensa que, desde el comienzo, me incluyóen sus agendas. A los artistas que son imposibles de enumerar todos aquí, porque hemos tenido desde hace 4 años una exposición mensual y gran cantidad de artistas han dejado su huella en estas paredes y en mí. Además, quiero dar las gracias a todos los poetas y escritores que hicieron Zu Galeria un lugar reconocido por la poesía, y por abrirme las puertas a un mundo que sólo soñé poder entrar. Estos cuatro años me han permitido crecer espiritual y profesionalmente, y por eso también estoy agradecido.


Me estoy tomando algunas semanas para poner mis cosas en orden, encontrar un lugar nuevo para vivir, cuidar mi salud, dedicar algún tiempo de calidad a mí mismo y quién sabe, hasta tropezar con el amor a lo largo del camino. Estaré disponible para cualquier proyecto interesante que se pudiera presentar, pero mientras tanto pueden encontrarme en el mismo número de teléfono que siempre he tenido y el correo electrónico que todos ustedes conocen.


Hasta otro momento...


Manny Lopez
Zu Galeria Fine Arts


Foto de Lapitu

No comments: